Agricultural animals have always been a proud and important part of the Oregon State Fair.
Open Class Animal Competitions
Our historic and architecturally fascinating Poultry Building is home to all small animal competitions. It’s where you can get up close and personal with poultry, pigeons, doves, rabbits, cavies and more. These engaging critters have tons of personality, and are eager to meet you.
- Poultry Building
- Friday August 27th through Monday September 6
- Poultry & Pigeons – Friday August 27 through Tuesday August 31
- Rabbits & Cavies – Wednesday September 1 - Monday September 6
Serious yet friendly competition is the name of the game for open class livestock at the Oregon State Fair. Exhibitors from around Oregon and beyond put their best hoof forward in a quest for ribbons, premiums, and bragging rights.
- Forster Livestock Pavilion, 4-H/FFA Barn, Beef Barn
- Wed. Sept. 1 thru Mon. Sept. 6
- Beef Cattle – Wed. Sept. 1 thru Mon. Sept. 6 - Beef Handbook
- Dairy Cattle – Wed. Sept. 1 thru Mon. Sept. 6 - Dairy Handbook
- Swine – Wed. Sept. 1 thru Mon. Sept. 6 - Swine Handbook
- Sheep – Tues. Aug. 31 thru Fri. Sept. 3 - Sheep Handbook
- Goats – Sat. Sept. 4 thru Mon. Sept. 6 - Goat Handbook
- Llamas – Sat. Sept. 4 thru Mon. Sept. 6 - Llama Handbook
Multi Breed Oregon State Fair Horse Show starts Tuesday, August 31st and runs through Monday, September 6th, showcasing many breeds of horses over the course of 7 days.
Multiple performances each day of various breeds with special performances each evening showcasing the majestic Draft Horse.
- Tuesday Aug 31st through Monday Sept. 6th
- Draft Horses will be on display beginning Saturday Aug 28th and will have nightly performance at 7pm beginning Tuesday Aug 31st
- Monday Sept 6th – Salute to Veterans & First Responders
4-H and FFA Animal Competitions
The first four days of the 2021 Oregon State Fair are all about our youth! Grab the reins on fun and excitement in this impressive exhibition of riding skills and equine instincts. Top competitors from 4-H, FFA and open class vie for ribbons and respect, and have fun while doing so.
4-H & FFA Horse Show – Horse Show Stadium & Warm-up Arenas
- Wednesday August 25th through Saturday August 28th
4-H Dog Show – Horse Show Stadium
- Monday August 30th
4-H & FFA Livestock – Forster Livestock Pavilion, 4-H/FFA Barn, and Beef Barn
Our entire team is elated with the return of this proud annual event—one of America’s classic state fairs—running from August 27th through September 6th. Scores of traditional features and attractions of the Fair will be presented in the best way we know how.
Still, our programming efforts were unavoidably impacted by the pandemic as planning for certain familiar aspects of the Fair required longer lead times than CDC and Oregon Health Authority safety guidelines allowed.
If one of your favorite parts of the Fair is missing this year, please rest assured that the 2022 Oregon State Fair will see the return of numerous crowd favorites.