The Amazing Scone Baking Race is a highlight of Kids Day in our Creative Living Department.
Sunday, August 26th is the date for this popular contest to make the most amazing scone.
The Explore Oregon Showcase in Columbia Hall is the epicenter of scone-making fun—starting at 2:00 pm.
Could there possibly be anything better than a delicious scone for breakfast, or as a snack? We don’t think so. Which is just one reason why the 2018 Oregon State Fair once again hosts the Amazing Scone Baking Race. Hosted and judged by Jennifer Peterson from Tea Trade Mart, this incredible contest provides an opportunity for teams made up of kids, parents and grandparents to put their best scone forward.
Scone entries can come from any of many categories, such as dairy-free or gluten-free. Or maybe it’s a matter of topping them with sprinkles, or dressing them up with M&Ms. Who knows what will see on contest day? Judge Jennifer Peterson will also offer her top ten tips for making scones.
Key things for entrants to remember:
- Your recipe must be attached to your scone entry
- You must provide proof-of-purchase of King Arthur Flour by including their logo from the flour bag
- Only 15 entries will be accepted
- Online registration concludes on August 17th
- After August 17th you should email to [email protected] to inquire about space availability
- Entries need to be dropped on August 26th at the information desk in Columbia Hall between the hours of 10:00 am and 1:30 pm