The 2018 Oregon State Fair celebrates 4-H like nobody’s business.
The programs of 4-H are the historic heart and soul of the Fair.
4-H participants from around the state congregate at the Oregon State Fair to compete is a spectrum of competitions. This year is no different, with contests in communications, expressive arts, family and consumer science, horticulture, natural science, and in science/engineering/technology/industrial arts.
Additionally, these are special events planned for the 4H building, usually between 11:00 and 4:00:
- Fri. Aug 24 Bob’s Red Mill will be there giving out samples and recipes
- Sat. Aug 25 Benny Beaver, handing out OSU “stuff”
- Sun. Aug. 26 Activity for kids making Love Rocks
- Mon. Aug 27 Fly-tying
- Tues. Aug 28 Virtual Reality
- Wed. Aug 29 “Learn About the Locals” (identifying trees, shrubs, animals)
- Thurs. Aug 30 Bubble Prints
- Fri. Aug 31 Companion Pets
- Sat. Sept. 1 Fashion Revue judging
- Sun. Sept 2 Activity for kids making “Corn Babies”
- Mon. Sept. 3 Celebrate Our World: Mexico